The ceremony room holds up to 60 people (Due to Covid-19 are max capacity is now 15)
From 28 September in England all weddings, civil partnership ceremonies and any associated receptions will be restricted to 15 people.
It has been clarified that this maximum number includes all those attending, including the couple, witnesses and guests. However anyone working, for example officiants, photographers, security, staff employed by the venue and third-party suppliers are not included.
Social Distancing Measures are in place (2 Metres) and all guests attending the ceremony are to wear a face covering unless exempt for a medical reason. If any guests are exempt they must make this know to the officer conducting the ceremony. Any person not wearing a face covering who is not exempt will be refused entry as this is a mandatory requirement.
The is does not include the bride or groom, civil partners or registration staff, although the officer who is conducting the ceremony may choose to so do.
Local Government Covid Alert Levels
Ceremonies taking place in Cumbria must abide by the Governments latest guidance for Weddings and civil partnerships in relation to the Local Government Covid Alert level.
It is the personal responsibility of the couple and guests if they are travelling to Cumbria to attend a ceremony that they check their local Government Covid Alert Level and follow any local government guidelines that may be in place in their own residing district.
To check current Local Government Covid Alert Levels click here. https://www.gov.uk/find-coronavirus-local-restrictions
Please see our Risk Assessment below for more information –
Covid-19 Risk Assessment Weddings 04.07.20- amended 16.10.20
The Wedding Ceremony Room at Cockermouth Town Hall is the perfect venue for your special day, without the big price tag.
Recently licensed to perform wedding ceremonies The Wedding Ceremony Room is situated in Cockermouth’s Grade II Listed Georgian Town Hall building. Originally constructed in 1840, Cockermouth Town Hall started its life as a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel before being converted to a Town Hall in 1934.